March 7, 2012

Getting Healthy and a Smash Journal

While I've been on vacation this week I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to start an exercise program that I so desperately need.  I've been using the Physique 57 dvd's and they are kind of kicking my ass.  It doesn't take much since I have pretty much been a couch potato for the last year, but I can already tell a difference in my energy level.  In addition to the video's I've been walking two miles everyday as well.  They recommend you do the 57 minute workout 3 to 4 times a week and some other form of exercise so that you are doing something 5 days a week.  I'm determined to do this and hopefully I will have a few readers that will hold me accountable.  I'm going to post about my progress at least once a week.

In addition to the exercise program, I am also going to change a lot of my eating habits.  I like to think that I eat pretty healthy most of the time, but I know that there are areas that need work.  I purchased a Smash Journal and am going to use it to keep a record of what I eat and my exercise routine, as well as inspiration photos and quotes to keep me motivated.  I love this thing.  I think I may get another one to use as a general journal tool.

No comments: